Country of Origin
|:||Spain / India|
Color & Odor
|:||Brown thick mass with Deep, Sweet Balsamic, faintly but persistently herbaceous ambery.|
|:||Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils|
|:||0.868 to 0.899 @ 25°C.|
|:||1.492 to 1.507 @ 20°C.|
Plant Part Used
|:||Leaves and Twigs|
DESCRIPTION:Labdanum Oil is derived through steam distillation from the sticky brown resin that is obtained by boiling the leaves & twigs from shrubs Cistus ladanifer species of rockrose. The biggest use of this essential oil is in the perfume industry. Also used in aromatherapy to help uplift the mood and relieve anxiety, Labdanum Oil is sought after across the globe for some therapeutic benefits & properties including antiseptic, antimicrobial, astringent, expectorant and emmenagogue properties.
CONSTITUENTS:aromadendrane (23%), cadinane (9%) & labdane (7%) derivatives (Mostly oxidized), ledene (92, 9.3%), 1,5-cis-aromadendr-9-ene (91, 1.4%), allo-aromadendrene (86, 1.5%), viridiflorol (112, 4.3%), ledol (116, 1.3%), palustrol (105, 1.2%), 1,2-dehydroviridiflorol (104, 1.4%), the new cubeban-11-ol (113, 4.1%), ambrox® (137, 1.4%), copaborneol (117, 1.8%).
AROMATIC SUMMARY / NOTE / STRENGTH OF AROMA:A middle note with a strong aroma. This essential oil has a warm sweet, musky and amber scent
BLENDS WITH:Frankincense, Sandalwood, Myrrh, Patchouli, Pine, Cypress, Clary Sage and Vetiver.
COMMON NAMES:Labdanum Absolute, Labdanum Oil.
- Labdanum Essential Oil can be used to calm the mind & alleviate the stress and anxiety symptoms.
- This oil is used to rejuvenate tired and ageing skin It is effective in reducing all signs of ageing such as wrinkles, blemishes and dark spots.
- Can be used to treat coughs, colds and congestion problems.
- Labdanum oil can soothe painful joints and hence, used in the treatment of rheumatism.
- Labdanum Essential Oil can decrease the severity of cramps, nausea and bloating during menstruation. It is also effective in regulating the frequency of menstruation.