Country of Origin
Color & Odor
|:||Pale yellow to golden yellow liquid. Characteristic lemon-like odor|
|:||Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils.|
|:||0.885 - 0.904 @ 25°C.|
|:||-5° to +1° @ 25°C.|
|:||1.480 to 1.489 @ 25 °C|
Plant Part Used
DESCRIPTION:Lemongrass Oil is extracted through steam distillation process from dried lemongrass, which is a tall, aromatic and fast growing perennial grass mostly found in Asia. As the name suggests, Lemongrass oil smells like lemons but is far less sour and is more milder & sweeter. Extracted from the shoot part of the lemongrass plant, this essential oil is yellow to brownish yellow in color and has amazing aromatherapy and medicinal properties. It is widely used for clearing oily skin, treating bacterial or microbial infections, healing acne and alleviating excessive perspiration.
CONSTITUENTS:Citral, Myrcene, geranyl acetate, citronellal, nerol, neral, geraniol, traces of limonene & citral.
AROMATIC SUMMARY / NOTE / STRENGTH OF AROMA:Lemongrass essential oil is yellow to amber in color. It has a very fresh, citrus-like aroma.
BLENDS WITH:Basil, coriander, cedarwood, geranium, lavender, jasmine, tea tree.
COMMON NAMES:Andropogon citratus, A. schoenathus.
- Lemongrass oil aids in toning up the muscles & tissues. It can make muscles supple and can also relieve muscle pain.
- Lemongrass essential oil helps in correcting poor blood circulation.
- This oil has properties of an insect repellant and can be used on pets to keep ticks, lice and fleas at bay.
- Lemongrass oil has good fungicidal properties and is widely used for curing external and internal fungal infections.
- This essential oil is effective in inhibiting bacterial infections in the stomach, respiratory system, colon, urinary tracts and other organ systems.
- Lemongrass oil can cure food poisoning, typhoid, malaria, skin diseases, body odor and other problems caused by microbes and bacteria.