Country of Origin
Color & Odor
|:||Pale yellow to yellow transparent liquid with a crisp, citrus smell|
|:||Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils|
|:||0.880 - 0.905 @ 25 °C|
|:||+3° to +12°|
|:||1.480 - 1.490 @ 20 °C|
|:||Citral, Citronellal, D-limonene|
Plant Part Used
DESCRIPTION:Litsea Cubeba plant that grows in tropical region, is the source of Litsea Cubeba May Chang Oil. This aromatic oil is obtained from its pepper shaped small fruits via steam distillation technology. The dark green leaves of this plant smell like lemon. The oil is reckoned for its unique anti septic, anti depressant, anti fungal, astringent, carminative, antiseptic, hypotensive, stimulating and anti inflammatory properties.
CONSTITUENTS:D-limonene, citral , Geranial, Citronellal, Neral, Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzaldehyde
AROMATIC SUMMARY / NOTE / STRENGTH OF AROMA:The top note medium smell of this essential oil can be described as citrus aroma that reminds about winter. This oil has similarity with Lemon Verbena and Lemongrass oils in terms of aroma, although Litsea Cubeba oil has more pleasant smell.
BLENDS WITH:Litsea Cubeba May Chang Oil can be blended with the oils of Rosewood, Bergamot, Geranium, Ylang-ylang, Rose, Jasmine, Rosemary, Basil and Ginger.
COMMON NAMES:This essential oil is also referred as May Chang oil.
- The soothing smell of this oil induces sleep, promotes relaxation and pacifies mind.
- This oil is used as an essential part of steam therapy process for patients of lung cancer as its antibacterial properties are instrumental in preventing proliferation of cancer affected cells and in destroying damaged tissues.
- Tonic made of this oil boosts nervous function.
- This oil is a reliable remedy for digestive disorders.
- Antiviral and antibacterial properties of this oil are useful for treating different sorts of infections, cold and cough.
- The antifungal characteristics of this oil are used to treat skin infections and Athelete's foot.
- This oil is believed to have positive impact on mind.