10 Reasons Every Home Needs A Bottle Of Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is extracted from the leaves of Eucalyptus tree through steam distillation process. Known for it's purifying and cleansing properties, this oil assists with clear breathing, supports overall respiratory health and can soothe tired & sore muscles. Eucalyptus oil can blend well with cedarwood, lavender, marjoram, thyme and frankincense. Like lavender oil, eucalyptus oil is one of the cure-all essential oils with anti-viral, antiseptic, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and other healing properties.
Eucalyptus oil, considered as a vasodilator, enhances the blood flow by relaxing the blood vessels. More blood flow to the brain means more brain power. This oil, owing to it's properties is widely used to stimulate mental activity, alertness, treat stress and mental disorders. Eucalyptus oil is effective in rejuvenating people by removing mental sluggishness and exhaustion. Massaging few drops of this oil onto the chest can soothe & calm the throat, dilate blood vessels and allow more oxygen into the lungs that in turn helps restoring normal breathing.
It is very effective in head lice treatment owing to it's qualities of a insect repellent and pesticide. Also used for hair care, Eucalyptus essential oil can help remove the build-up of germs in hair follicles owing to it's anti-fungal and potent antiseptic properties. This oil is also capable of preventing dandruff, itchy scalp and allied hair woes. Eucalyptus oil can act as a stimulant & can increase blood flow when applied to the scalp and can promote hair growth.
Owing to its germicidal properties, eucalyptus oil is effective in treating bad breath (halitosis), gingivitis, cavities, dental plaque and other dental infections. That's why this essential oil is the most common ingredient found in toothpaste, mouthwash and other dental hygiene products.
When ingested, this essential oil can control blood sugar. Eucalyptus oil contains powerful phenolics (tannins, ellagic acid), flavonoids (quercetin, kaempferol), and terpenoids (cineole, alpha-pinene). These compounds can help treat type 2 diabetes and reduce post-prandial hyperglycemia. This oil can cure various skin infections owing to it's main compound cineole that contains antibacterial properties. Topical application of this oil can speed up healing process of various skin problems including acne, aging, blemishes, pimples, eczema, psoriasis and sun spots. When combined with olive oil or coconut oil and applied on skin, this can act as a moisturizer and chemical free natural sunscreen.
Eucalyptus oil has many great properties and has diverse uses. Eucalyptus oil is :
- Analgesic – Can relieve pain when used topically
- Antiseptic – Can keep wounds bacteria free and clean
- Antibacterial – Can kill germs & bacteria
- Anti-inflammatory – Can reduce inflammation in inflamed tissues, muscles and joints
- Antiviral – Can kill viruses in the air & internally
- Antispasmodic – Can reduce incessant coughing
- Astringent – Can tighten skin & tissues and improve circulation
- Decongestant for sinuses and lungs – Can stimulate expectoration
- Diuretic – Can stimulate the kidneys
- Disinfectant – Can kills germs and bacteria in the air and on surfaces
- Deodorant – Can reduce odors in the home
- Insecticidal – Can keep insects out of the house and off the body
- Stimulant – Can stimulate the immune system & clarify the mind