Country of Origin
Color & Odor
|:||Colorless or pale yellow liquid with Characteristic Lavender odor|
|:||Insoluble in water, soluble in alcohol and oils|
|:||0.8612 - 0.9180 @ 20oC|
|:||1.4530 - 1.4648 @ 20oC|
|:||Linalool, Linalyl acetate, Lavandulyl acetate|
Plant Part Used
DESCRIPTION:Lavender Oil, produced mainly in India, France and Hungary is extracted from the flowering tops of Lavendula Angustifolia through steam distillation process. Clear pale liquid, this oil has a herbal floral sweet refreshing odour and is rich in Linalool, that has relaxing and soothing properties. Lavender oil has antibacterial, antiseptic, analgesic, antidepressant, sedative and carminative properties and is largely used in making perfumery, aromatherapy products, mosquito repellents, body lotions & creams, hair care products and other skin care products. Lavender Oil helps to prevent wrinkles, scarring & stretch marks, eliminate head-lice and nits, can treat sunburns and sunstroke and can also be used for treating insect bites, stings and minor burns.
CONSTITUENTS:a-pinene, limonene, cis-ocimene, p-cymene , beta-myrcene, terpinene-4-ol, borneol , linalool , camphene, 1,8-cineole, trans-ocimene, camphor, geranyl acetate, 3-octanone, linalool, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-ol, caryophyllene and lavendulyl acetate.
AROMATIC SUMMARY / NOTE / STRENGTH OF AROMA:A top note of strong aroma, this oil has a strong floral scent that smells like lavender and is somewhat camphoraceous
BLENDS WITH:Cedarwood, geranium, clary sage, pine, nutmeg & all citrus oils.
COMMON NAMES:Garden oil.
- Lavender oil can treat asthma, whooping cough, colds, throat infections, laryngitis and halitosis.
- Helps in treating digestive problems including nausea, vomiting & flatulence.
- Can aid in treatment of insomnia, rheumatism, depression, exhaustion, nervousness and headaches.
- Widely used for relieving muscle spasms and stimulating blood flow.
- Lavender oil can support healthy tissue growth and promote skin healing.