Can Essential Oils Help Heal or Prevent Stretch Marks
Having stretch marks is a common thing during or after pregnancy, weight changes and growth spurts. They can appear on your breasts, thighs, hips, biceps, abdomen or any other part of the body and they range in various colors from red to white, pink, blue and purple. Stretch marks make the skin look weird, you cannot wear clothes from which these marks are visible to all. There is no medicine to get rid of stretch marks but there are some Essential Oils that have shown great results in reducing Stretch marks. The regular use of many essential oil has proved definite for preventing and reducing them. It is highly recommended to dilute Essential Oils with carrier oils before applying them on skin. Some of the Essential Oils that have shown positive results on stretch marks and greatly preferred by people are:
- Gotu Kola: It is use as a traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine to treat many skin problems like rashes and dryness. According to a trusted research, some compounds that are found in Gotu Kola increase the amount of collagen in skin and improve its tensile property. This results in very less or no marks on skin, even when a person's skin is stretched due to weight gain or pregnancy.
- Neroli Oil: Neroli is a part of Rutaceae family and is produced from bitter orange tree blossoms. Its use is highly recommended as a folk remedy to lighten skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
- Argan Oil: It is made from the Kernels of Argan Tree. A researh has shown that this essential oil increases the elasticity of skin. This results in prevention and reduction of stretch marks on the skin.
- Lavender Oil: It is highly famous for its calming features and it works the best on healing wounds and scars. As per a market study, Lavender Oil creates new connective tissues that results in healing of stretch marks.
- Frankincense Oil: This oil has been preferred by people from past many decades to treat different skin problems. Frankincense Oil is easily absorbed by the skin and ferulic acids as well as vitamins of it provide antioxidant benefits to the skin, which results in healing of the scars and stretch marks.