Oregano Oil and Its Surprising Health Benefits
Oregano oil is extracted from Oregano, which is also called Origanum Vulgare. It offers a wide range of benefits and can be used as a liquid or in the form of capsules. Oregano oil is extracted from potent oregano plant and to ensure the quality of the oil, it is assured that the carvacro concentration in the oil is minimum 70 percent. Some great benefits of oregano oil that we would like to shed light upon are:
1. Prevents Infections A research published in the Journal of agricultural and food chemistry revealed that oregano oils protects you from bacterial infections like urinary tract infection, typhoid, cholera, sores, skin infections, and food poisoning.
2. Protection against viral infections Oregano oils provides protection against viral infections and helps you in strengthening your immunity thus keeping you at bay from diseases like cold, mumps, measles, chicken pox and other problems caused by viruses. Oregano essential oil also stimulates the production and function of white blood cells, the body's main line of defense.
3. Treats Respiratory Conditions The oregano oil is widely used as a soothing balm for treating inflamed lungs and throat.
4. Internal & External Body Uses Oregano essential oil when consumed is bound to eliminate intestinal worms and when applied externally, it keeps away lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes and fleas. It is also used as a repellents hence present in many organic bug sprays
5. Improves Gut Health This oil inhibits the growth of harmful parasites in the gut. It also used in lowering risk of gastrointestinal diseases and a leaky gut.
6. Regulates Menstruation Oil of oregano is considered helpful in regulating menstruation and delaying menopause. It as a results also helps in balancing mood imbalance and hormonal shifts.
7. Anti-allergenic Also used as an sedative it helps in calming down and is known to give relief from different allergies and their symptoms. It also helps when your throat is swelled.
8. Promotes Digestion A study conducted in the recent years has revealed that oregano oil holds the ability to promote digestion by increasing the secretion of digestive juices. It also helps in increasing the nutrient digestibility as a result of which absorbing food becomes much more easier and faster.
9. Heals Mind & Body Massaging the soles of your feet with this oil will provide you relief from the pain. It has been traditionally used for healing the mind and the body. Moreover, it acts an an anti oxidant and helps in removing toxins from the body.