10 Natural Oils Which Can Keep Spiders and Insects Away from Home
Essential oils offer a plethora of benefits, from treating wounds & bruises to being a good ingredient in many beauty care products. However, many people are not aware of the fact that they can do wonders to repel insects. For those little bugs that give skin allergies and many problems, essential oils are used as a barrier for them.
In the markets, numerous mosquito repellent products are available, claiming themselves as the best but essential oils based sprays that work as repellents are preferred the most by smart customers. People prefer buying such insect repellent products that are effective and don't leave any side effects on their skin. Here, we are sharing with you our secret of naturally protecting yourself from mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies by use of essential oils. Below are the oils that hold excellent insects repellent properties:
1. Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Citratus) Oil Lemongrass is associated with C and has high insecticidal properties, the effectiveness which oil of this one has makes it a favorite mosquito repellent.
2. Vetiver (Vetiveria Zizanoides) Oil Vetiver is one of the most found grasses in the India and Indonesia, it is a great source of industrial materials and has many other surprising properties. This grass, apart from being used for making mats and baskets, is also extensively used as a natural mosquito repellent. You can also use oil of this woody & earthy smelly grass for calming yourselves or relieving stress.
3. Peppermint (Mentha Piperita) Oil Peppermint carries abundant of benefits, from being an excellent ingredient for getting relief from indigestion to reducing stress and improving mental alertness, this one finds its use in several areas. The peppermint oil carries a strong smell and natural insect repellent property, which when applied on skin not just make the person feel good.
4. Pine (Pinus Slvestris) Oil Pine has a pleasing smell, which becomes obsession of many people. If you are a fragrances lover, pine oil is just the perfect match for you to keep insects away from skin and have pleasing smell. When compared to the synthetic chemical repellents, oil of pin has proven to be more effective to use.
5. Lavender (Lavandula Angustifolia) Oil Lavender is a pleasingly smelling gift from nature, known for having positive benefits in sleep and relaxation. Most of the people are not aware of the fact that oil of lavender is highly effective to be used for bug & mosquito bites. As an alternative to mothballs, this oil can be applied for keeping moths and other insects away from the skin.
6. Basil (Ocimum Basilicum) Oil Basil apart from being an excellent mouth-watering ingredient of many recipes carries natural insect repellent properties. The high levels of larvicide that it has makes it a strong insecticide, which people prefer to use for keeping themselves protected from mosquito bites.
7. Lemon Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora) Oil One of the most loved as well as demanded insect repellent products ingredients is found in lemon-scented gum tree. The essential oil which is extracted from the leaves of this tree works impressively on treating mosquito bites. It can last for long hours and also protects the skin from tick bites.
8. Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) Oil Most of us would agree to the fact that common housefly & mosquitoes are aggravating creatures of this planet. If you too are living or heading to a place, where they are in high numbers, apply Thyme Oil. Thyme is a highly effective insecticide against insects, it has an excellent mosquito repellent properties.
9. Bergamot (Citrus aurantium bergamia) Oil An oil with the fruity citrus smell, attracts everyone. Bergamot Oil is one of such pleasingly smelling oil, it is used for green cleaning and lifting up the mood. The oil carries high insect repellent spray but it has very high phototoxic, hence recommended to not be used outside as a topical insect repellent but use as an aromatic insect repellent spray.
10. Tea Tree (Australia Melaleuca alternifolia) Oil A green cleaning powerhouse and an excellent antiparasitic, Tea tree oil is a boon from nature, it is capable of killing or suppressing the parasites such as lice, leeches, fleas and ticks. The oil is also used for getting relief from the irritation which we get after bites or stings of mosquitoes or bugs.
Bid adieu to the worries related to insect bites or allergies and move in your lawn or any other space, at any time of the day, applying any of the above cited essential oils. For buying several types of essential oils, check our website, now!