30 Best Uses of Essential Oils
Essential oils are famous for their several other qualities that make them use in beauty treatment, food preparation and healthcare practices. Let's know about uses of some essential oils:
1. Carpet cleaner: When 15-20 drops of tea tree oil are mixed Borax, there you will get a highly effective homemade carpet cleaning powder.
2. Kill pests: To kill the pests of your home, godown or any other place, make a mixture of clove oil and orange essential oil and spray it.
3. Lavender cake: Lavender oil is one of the most important ingredients that is used for making the aromatic cakes, this one is prepared with the blend of raw honey, coconut flour, organic eggs and lavender essential oil.
4. Eliminate mold: For killing molds and other pathogens from the air of your surroundings, add tea tree oil in your diffusers.
5. Christmas scent: Have pleasing fragrance in your space by adding few drops of sandalwood, pine or cedarwood oil on a fire log, before burning it.
6. Reduce anxiety: It is analyzed that when lavender essential oil is diffused around the home, it highly reduces stress, tension and anxiety of people living under that roof.
7. Freshen trash can: Generally trash can dispense a foul smell, if you want tpo get rid of it, on cotton ball, put two drops each of tea tree oil & lemon oil and place it at the bottom of the trashcan.
8. Wash produce: To make the market bought fruit and vegetables absolutely clean and safe to consume, always use them after washing in a bowl which contains water mixed with two drops of lemon oil.
9. Clean kitchen smell: In Indian kitchens, many such recipes are prepared that leave their smell to get rid of those cooking odors, add few drops of cinnamon or citrus and clove, essential oil to a pan of lukewarm water and clean the visible areas with it.
10. Detoxify the air: For dispelling fumes, in a galon of paint of water add few drops of peppermint and eucalyptus oil and used it in the area.
11. Get rid of shoe smell: To freshen up your shoes by removing smell from them, add a few drops of lemon oil and tea tree oil.
12. Baby shower gift: Bring a smile on the face of your dear friend or dear one, gifting a wall diffuser filled with lavender scent on baby shower.
13. Flavored lemon water: Have a delicious citric flavor and aroma in your dishes, adding in them 2-3 drops of lemon oil by mixing with water.
14. Homemade lip balm: Get soft chapped lips every day, applying a balm, made from mixture of beeswax, coconut oil and Lavender oil.
15. Relieve tension: Take a drop of Lavender oil in your palms, rub them and put cup of your hands on nose to let the smell please your senses and adieu tension.
16. Massage therapy: For a relaxing massage therapy, use a lotion made by combining a few drops of lavender or cedarwood oil.
17. Foot bath: To soothe your feet and enhance their beauty, put them in a tub of luke warm which also carries few drops of ecualyptus or lemon oil.
18. Improve depression: Add few drops of rose or Lavender oil in the bath tub or diffuser and experience the pleasing fragrance which relieves depression and boosts the mood.
19. Homemade shampoo: For long, shiny and well nourished hair, wash them from the home made shampoo, making it make from the mixture of rosemary oil, coconut milk, aloe vera gel and Lavender oil.
20. Homemade deodorant: One of the most important ingredients used for making deodorants for men and women is essential oil such as coconut oil, cedarwood oil and clove oil.
21. Acne face wash: Use facewash made by mixing raw honey and tea tree oil to get rid of acne.
22. Itchy scalp: For reducing the itchiness of your scalp, apply shampoo which is made from basil, lavender or cedarwood oil.
23. Thicken hair: Give your hair thickness and good volume, using shampoo made from rosemary oil.
24. Strengthen nails: To have strong, beautiful and long nails, apply on the cuticles, a mixture made from myrrh, frankincense, and lemon essential oils.
25. Reduce wrinkles: Add few drops of geranium, sandalwood and lavender essential oils in your regular face lotion to reduce wrinkles and signs of aging.
26. Teeth whitener: Get beautiful white teeth that enhance your beauty, rubbing them regularly with a paste made from fresh strawberries and coconut oil.
27. Reduce stretch marks: Most of the people are not aware of this fact that applying a mix of coconut oil & grapefruit essential on stretch marks lightens them.
28. Heal burns: Lavender oil when mixed with aloe vera becomes an excellent composition for treating the skin burns.
29. Energize your workout: For reducing the fatigue of workout session, inhale peppermint oil before starting exercises.
30. Relieve hangover symptoms: Take a shower putting in lukewarm water few drops each of rosemary, cedarwood, lavender, grapefruit and lemon oil and feel fresh & active.