7 Natural Oils To Repel Fleas And Ticks From Dogs, Cats, And Other Pets
Are fleas and ticks bothering peace of your four legged friends and lovely pets? If the answer is yes, then our blog is a right destination for you to take a long pause as here we are recommending 7 best natural oils, which without being villain for the health of your apple pies, assist in repelling fleas and ticks.
If not treated on time, fleas and ticks can take a huge toll on the health of your loyal dogs and playful cats in the form of skin irritation, red inflamed skin, fever and anemia, etc. These harmful ailments can be kept far and away from your adorable pets by taking into usage below mentioned natural oils:
1. Lavender Oil: This oil works wonders for pets; especially cats and dogs. Adding approximately, 5-10 drops of this oil in the shampoo of pets results in soothing skin and providing a great amount of relaxation from the itching and irritation.
2. Lemongrass Oil: You can't avoid this oil, when it comes to finding solution for repelling fleas and ticks. The smell of this oil appears unpleasant to fleas. Active base ingredients of this oil- citral and geraniol function as a natural repellent.
3. Rosemary Oil: This oil tops the list of the best flea repellents. It also cures flea bites. Application of this oil on pets struggling from fleas and ticks results in superb amount of relaxation. You can add around 5-8 drops of this oil in the shampoo of pets to experience faster healing from flea bites and ticks.
4. Neem Oil: Popular for being a trusted natural solution for a myriad of ailments, this oil is perfect for massaging skin of pets. You can dilute this oil, to make it a little light for the sensitive skin of pets. Twice in a week, bathing pets using shampoo added with 2-3 drops of neem oil, gives comfort to the itchy skin.
5. Cedar Oil: This oil is perfect for giving relaxation from fleas and ticks. Adding a few drops of this oil into carrier oil permits release of anti-parasitic molecules in the air, thus, repelling fleas and ticks.
6. Peppermint Oil: This oil do not kill fleas but yes, works wonders in relieving inflammation and skin irritation caused due to flea bites. Application of this oil on the affected area results in a good healing.
7. Rose Geranium Oil: Make your pets bid adieu to all the irritation caused by fleas and ticks with the usage of this natural oil.
Tip: Dilute essential oils using carrier oils like Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Grapeseed Oil and Avocado Oils prior using directly on the skin of your loving and caring pets.
Invest in above cited oils and adopt a natural approach to treat fleas and ticks, thus, saving a lot of time in visiting to vets and paying heavy fees.